Company chairman Liang Hua said last week that Hongmeng was mainly developed for internet of things (IoT) devices, according to TechNode, and Huawei hasn’t decided if it’ll be applied as a phone OS.We got the first rumblings that Huawei trademarked Hongmeng in China after Google locked the company out of its Android updates in May, following the US government blacklisting Huawei networking gear and President Donald Trump signing an executive order effectively banning it. Google resumed work with Huawei after the US eased restrictions.Huawei didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.First published at 2:15 a.m. PT.Updated at 2:50 a.m. PT: Adds more detail. 1:23 CNET Apps Today Phones Tech Industry 40 Photos Now playing: Watch this: Huawei’s homegrown OS faces a steep uphill climb Share your voice Tags 0 Post a comment The Hongmeng OS isn’t for phones, Huawei’s senior vice president told reporters. Angela Lang/CNET Huawei reportedly wants to keep using Google’s Android operating system in its phones instead of jumping to its self-developed Hongmeng system. Company senior vice president Catherine Chen told reporters in Brussels on Thursday that the Hongmeng OS isn’t even designed for phones, according to Chinese state news agency Xinhua.Chen apparently said Hongmeng is for industrial use, noting that it contains far fewer lines of code than a phone OS, and has much lower latency than a phone, meaning it can process a very high volume of data messages with little delay. Huawei P30 Pro’s four rear cameras from every angle Huawei
.At least nine people were killed and 13 others injured after a relief-laden truck for Rohingya people had fallen into a roadside ditch near Chhadkhola BGB border post in Naikhyangchhari upazila on Thursday.The deceased are day laborers, said district superintendant of police Sanjit Kumar Roy.Bandarban Red Crescent Society secretary AKN Jahangir said driver of a relief truck for the Rohingya refugees of Shonkhola temporary Rohingya camp lost his control over the streering and the truck veered off the road.The truck fell into a roadside ditch in the area around 7:45am, leaving six people killed on the spot and eight others injured, he added.Local upazila health complex resident physician Salman Karim Kahn said some 16 injured were admitted in the hospital and three of them succumbed to their injuries. Another injured was sent to Cox’s Bazaar Sadar hospital as his condition deteriorated.Bandarban deputy Commissioner (DC) Dilip Kumar Banik confirmed the incident.
Md Hasan. Photo collected from FacebookA schoolboy was stabbed to death due to dispute between local ‘senior group’ and ‘junior group’ at Chandni Ghat of Chakbazar in Old Dhaka early Saturday, reports UNB.The victim is Md Hasan, a JSC candidate of Islambagh Ideal School.Hasan, son of Mohammad Ali, was residing at 20 Hazi Rahim Box Lane of Posta in Lalbagh.Quoting the father of the victim, sources at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) said one Ali, 15, allegedly stabbed Hasan centring dispute between ‘senior group’ and ‘junior group’ at Chandni Ghat Shishu Hospital Goli at around 9:00pm on Friday.He was rushed to DMCH with fatal injuries where he succumbed to his injuries at around 4:30am, said ASI Babul Miah of DMCH police camp.
File Photo: Barkatullah BuluA Dhaka court on Sunday issued a warrant for the arrest of 23 Bangladesh Nationalist Party leaders and activists, including its joint secretary general Barkatullah Bulu, in a sabotage case with Ramna police station, reports UNB. M Kamrul Hossain Mollah, judge of the Metropolitan Session’s Court, passed the order taking cognisance of the charge-sheet.It ordered the officer-in-charge of Ramna police station to submit a report on 27 March complying with the arrest warrant.The warranted leaders include BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia’s press secretary Maruf Kamal Khan, chairperson’s personal secretary Shimul Biswas, BNP leaders Habib-un-Nabi Khan Sohel, Shafiul Bari, Mir Sharafat Ali and Shirin Sultana.In the case, 17 BNP leaders were, earlier, granted bail and one kept in the jail.According to the case statement, a group of miscreants torched a passenger-carrying bus in front of National Bank branch in city’s Malibagh area under Ramna police station on 3 February, 2015 during the indefinite blockade programme enforced by the BNP-led 20 party alliance.Following the incident, police filed a case under the Explosive Substances Act and Special Power Act.Later in March, 2015, police submitted the charge sheets accusing 41 people in the case under the Explosive Substances Act and Special Power Act.